Saturday, May 3, 2014

2014

Back in January - I made my 'goals' for the year. 

I decided that this is the year that I would legally become "Christy Howell Photography". 

In February, I was asked by my friend  Lisa at Paaawz Pet Sitting, if I would be interested in having a vendor booth at the Grand Opening of the Mission Viejo Off-leash Dog Park!  I was over the moon - excited!!

I was also scared!

Opening this door could mean starting a client-base; and I had to get on top of everything in order to prepare!  I quickly began educating myself - with the help of friends; on how to make my business legit!

I started with registering my Fictitious Business Name "Christy Howell Photography".  Once that was approved; I called the OC Register and had to create a legal ad to run for 4 weeks.  During that process - I applied to and was approved for a Sellers Permit!  I consulted with our tax people - and I have done everything correct.  I am official now.  I am proud of myself! 

I then learned all about my website server and taught myself how to 'revamp' it.  I updated the menus and reached out to clients that I have had in the past to ask for testimonials.  It really warmed my heart to see how happy people have been with their images!  I am so grateful that I could give them something to memorialize a certain pet - or a certain time in their life!

So now - I have had one vendor event under my belt - and I have been invited to another!  Happy Dance!  I'll let you know more about those, another day.

No comments: